Please thoroughly test Shortwave Log before paying for a license key. This is of particular importance if the desire is to use radio control or to run a standalone server on a Raspberry Pi or other Linux box. Please post any questions or issues to the forum before acquiring a license.
Unlicensed (Free) Version
The free version has most of the features of the registered version, with the following restrictions:
- The number of logs that are added is limited to 10 per UTC day
- Open Streets Maps is always used (i.e. no Bing maps)
- The Community, DRM, FCC HF Seasonal, HFCC, and ILGRadio databases are available for shortwave station lookups
- Support for the VOACAP propagation engine is disabled; however, the MicroMUF-84 engine is fully functional
- For Radio Control, sessions are limited to 20 minutes
- The groups.io forum is used for support
By purchasing an annual license, all limitations are lifted. The application will support the additional schedule databases of ADDX, AOKI, EiBi, and SWSkeds.
The Shortwave Log suite of applications is licensed on an annual basis. Upon registration, a license key will be automatically generated. This license file will be read by the applications and startup and remove all of the limitations that are in the unregistered (free) version.
Acquire License for Shortwave Log
Please ensure that a license is warranted before purchasing as Shortwave Log can run in a free mode. The license is a on-time fee; it does not automatically renew.
Retrieve an Existing License Key
To retrieve a copy of an existing license key, enter the email address for the key.