Shortwave & Amateur Radio Log (SWLog)
Please thoroughly test Shortwave Log before paying for a license key. This is of particular importance if the desire is to use radio control or to run a standalone server on a Raspberry Pi or other Linux box. Please post any questions or issues to the forum before acquiring a license.
The license fee is used to help offset the ongoing costs for development tools, hosting, and other expenses. There are significant costs to provide the application, and the license helps to offset those costs. When a license expires, the functionality will simply revert to the free version. No logs will be touched.
Unlicensed (Free) Version
The free version has most of the features of the registered version, with the following restrictions:
The number of logs that are manually added is limited to 12 per UTC day
- The importing of shortwave logs or amateur logs in bulk via file imports (e.g., CSV, JSON, PIPE, or ADIF) is not affected by this limitation
- Open Streets Maps is always used (i.e. no other choices for maps)
- The Community, DRM, FCC HF Seasonal, HFCC, and ILGRadio databases are available for shortwave station lookups
- Support for the VOACAP propagation engine is disabled; however, the MicroMUF-84 engine is fully functional
- For Radio Control, sessions are limited to 30 minutes
- The Nimble logging mode for Amateur Radio logs is disabled; the full mode is available.
- Integrated lookups to QRZ.com are disabled
- The groups.io forum is used for support
By purchasing an annual license, all limitations are lifted. The application will support the additional shortwave databases of ADDX, AOKI, EiBi, and SWSkeds.
The Shortwave Log suite of applications is licensed on an annual basis. Upon registration, a license key will be automatically generated. This license file will be read by the applications and startup and remove all of the limitations that are in the unregistered (free) version.
If an annual license is not renewed, the functionality simply reverts to the unlicensed (free) version.
Trial License for Amateur Radio Operators
For licensed amateur radio operators, a fully-functional 45-day license can be obtained by visiting the author's QRZ page and sending an email to the address that is registered at QRZ.com. Please include your full name and call sign in the request. Since this is being manually done over email, assume a day or two for processing.
Please ensure that a license is warranted before purchasing as the program can run in a free mode. The license is a on-time fee; it does not automatically renew. Auto-renewals are rather dastardly.
Retrieve an Existing License Key
To retrieve a copy of an existing license key, enter the email address for the key.