The next version of the Shortwave Log suite of applications is currently being tested and has not yet been released to the public. The version listed here is beta code and is for the group of selected testers.
- Windows 10 (the current release or the previous)
- .NET 4.6.2 or later; .NET 4.8 recommended
- SQL Server Express or any higher edition (the current release or the previous)
- 4GB RAM; 8GB recommended
- The Radio Control API Server and the Shortwave Log Web application run natively on a Raspberry Pi or Ubuntu x64. No other distributions have been tested; they should academically work.
- The Shortwave Log desktop application runs under Ubuntu x64 with the 32-bit Wine compatibility layer. N.B. Several features are disabled as they crash under Wine.
- SQL Server Express or any higher edition (the current release or previous), which will need to be setup either on a Windows or Linux host.
Build 7720 - Released 2/18/2021
- Shortwave Log (Desktop) - Huzzah! The splash screen is back.
- Shortwave Log (Desktop) - Various bug fixes.
- Radio Control API Server - Added a PowerShell script to automatically launch the application, hopefully alleviating issues with syntax.
Build 7716 - Released 2/15/2021
- Shortwave Log (Desktop) - All ListView objects have been set to single-selection mode.
Build 7713 - Released 2/12/2021
- Shortwave Log (Desktop) - Removed the splash screen as it had an unintended consequence of automatically closing message boxes, like the one that would create the database on first run!.
- Shortwave Log (Desktop) - Worked on various items related to code tables.
Build 7710 - Released 2/9/2021
- Shortwave Log (Desktop) - Added a form to show propagation predictions by band.
- Shortwave Log (Desktop) - A myriad of changes around the FCC FM Engineering database to display the frequencies in kHz.
- Shortwave Log (Desktop) - Added a workaround for the 2D mapping library where it would crash if a value of 90N or 90S were used. Now the system will limit the range to 89.9 degrees N or S.
- Shortwave Log (Desktop) - Fixed so many issues with attachments for Shortwave logs that it basically was a rewrite.