Shortwave & Amateur Radio Log (SWLog)
Licensed & Unlicensed (Free) Versions
Shortwave & Amateur Radio Log is a freemium application. There is an annually licensed version and a free version, albeit with some limitations. See the purchase page for more details.
- Windows 10 or 11
- .NET Framework 4.8 (included with Windows 11 and Windows 10 if up-to-date)
- SQL Server 2017 Express, SQL Server 2019 Express, or a commercial version
- 4GB RAM
The primary use case for Linux is to have a Raspberry Pi or an x64 distribution running 24/7 with one or more radios connected via USB-to-Serial adapters. The Linux server runs the web front-end and the radio control server. This allows for a remote, standalone server that can run 24/7. It is assumed that the main application and SQL Server run on a bona fide Windows machine or in a VM. Wine will not work.
- Apply all Windows Updates
- Make a backup of the database and the QSL cards, sound clips, etc. in the home folder under W4RLS or N3OEA (the author's previous call sign)
- If upgrading from SWLog v7 or earlier, delete those files
- If running SQL Server Express is 2016 or earlier, it will need to be upgraded separately**
- Run the installation package and install all the pre-checked items. Follow any prompts by the various programs.