- Windows 10 or later
- .NET 4.6.2 or later; .NET 4.8 recommended
- SQL Server Express or a commercial version (the current release or the previous)
- 2GB RAM; 8GB recommended
The primary use case for Linux is to have a Raspberry Pi or lightweight server like Ubuntu running 24/7 with one or more radios connected via USB-to-Serial dongles. The Linux server runs the web front-end and the radio control server. This allows for a remote, standalone server that can run 24/7. The main program runs under Windows and does not run under Wine.
Build 7897 - Released August 14, 2021
- Fixed a bug when adding a log (shortwave) where the language would not be properly suggested if there was a match in the FCC HF database. This is because the FCC HF database does not contain any data about the language of the broadcast. The empty value was not working with the logic of the code. This was rather a rare bug in that it only affected transmissions from the United States of America and no other origins.
- Added a new source for frequency lookups for European medium wave (AM) stations. Wikipedia has a list of active stations. This source has been deemed EuroWiki.
- The ClassAxe Beacons database has changed its interface and its format. While the old format has not yet been replaced, the code has now been refactored to work with the new format.
Build 7889 - Released August 7, 2021
- Created a Discord Server for SWLog and added a link to the server to the application menu.
- Added the ability to create an import file for Simon's World Map with station locations.
Build 7883 - Released August 1, 2021
- Added a new way of displaying windows. Windows can now optionally be set to float instead of being confined in an MDI container.
- Added the ability to import and export ADIF records in XML format (i.e. ADX format). Also added a work-around for ADX files generated by Ham Radio Deluxe, which are set by Ham Radio Deluxe as being in UTF-8 format but are really in UTF-16 format.
- If the solar data cannot be retrieved from the NOAA web site, the existing value will be retained instead of resetting the value to zero.
- Addressed an issue where the FCC Amateur database has duplicate records. For some reason, the FCC is showing the prior holders of licenses, even though there are also fields for that in the AM.dat table. Odd.
- Resolved several bugs with regard to the Community uploads.
- Added support for attachments and an audio clip to the Amateur Radio log.
The following keyboard shortcuts have been added to the main Shortwave Log program:
- [CTRL-F1] Shortwave, Broadcast, and Utility: Add New Log
- [CTRL-F2] Shortwave, Broadcast, and Utility: Browse Logs by ID, showing the last year
- [CTRL-F3] Shortwave, Broadcast, and Utility: Edit Logs, showing the last year
- [CTRL-F4] Amateur Radio: Add New Log
- [CTRL-F5] Amateur Radio: Browse Logs by ID, showing the last year
- [CTRL-F6] Amateur Radio: Edit Logs, showing the last year
- Added support to the ADIF import routine for files coming from the last free version of Ham Radio Deluxe.
- Fixed several items with regard to the fake ARRL country list and added a several new fake countries. (As you can tell, I abhor this; but it's used everywhere for pointless trophies.) If using ADIF, it is essential to upgrade to this release.
- Added support to import logs from the DXtreme Monitor Log and KB6IBB SWL Logger applications. These are uploaded into the shortwave/broadcast/utility log.
- Reworked many forms to better display on high-resolution monitors with Windows Scaling > 1.0.
- Added several new transmitter locations and languages for the EiBi database. The EiBi list of schedules should be imported again after taking this release.
- Support in the Radio Control Server for the WiNRADiO product line has been ported from the previous version of SWLog. This utilizes the RCSBridge application, which is coded to the WiNRADiO XRS specification and is a plug-in. RCSBridge is included in the download package, and it is to be installed in the PlugIns folder of the WiNRADiO software.
- Support in the Radio Control Server for the Yaesu FT-897 has been ported from the previous version of SWLog. This should also work for the FT-857, but it has not been tested. N.B. The preferred method is still to use the HamLib TCP daemon when possible.
- Added the ability for logs that were uploaded to the Community to be updated via the editing form.
Build 7823 - Released 2021-06-02
- Fixed a typo in the notes on the ClassAxe import form.
- Added a form to show the country heat map in an animated fashion by year.
- Added QSL Management support. This is a feature that existed in the previous version of SWLog but did not make it into the feature set for the initial release.
- Added Amateur Call Sign lookup form for the local FCC & Canadian databases
- Added Amateur Call Sign lookup form for QRZ.com (requires a subscription to QRZ.com)
- Added the reporting of debugging event to the Trace log. This will allow for debug events to be viewed by an end user with a tool from SysInternals.
Build 7807 - Released 2021-05-16
- Initial, public release.